By Cynthia Parzych
Walk in the course of the battlefield of Antietam with those that fought there
The conflict of Antietam, waged on September 17, 1862, marked the bloodiest unmarried day's struggling with in American historical past. 5 days later, President Abraham Lincoln issued the initial Emancipation Proclamation. This e-book brings you face-to-face as by no means ahead of with the folks and occasions that formed this epic occasion. It features:
- An advent discussing the historical past and maintenance of the present-day site
- A timeline that provides additional texture to the heritage described
- Concise biographies of key participants
- A ancient tour
- the place to stick and devour, and locations to go to close by
- Archival and colour images throughout
- PopOut maps—an archival map exhibiting the conflict because it unraveled, and one other exhibiting a similar position this present day
About the Timeline series
These special books carry you head to head with the folk and occasions that experience formed American historical past and who've left their mark on the various nation's most crucial historic landmarks and destinations.
Read Online or Download Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline) PDF
Similar us travel books
Already famous for his bestselling sequence of exposes on mystery Nazi expertise and the survival of the 3rd Reich after the tip of global conflict II, Oxford-educated historian and physicist Joseph P. Farrell right here delves ever deeper into the actions of this nefarious team. In his earlier works, Farrell has sincerely validated that the Nazis have been clandestinely constructing new and extraordinary applied sciences towards the tip of WWII, and that the most important scientists all for those experiments have been exported to the Allied international locations on the finish of the clash, mostly the U.S., in a flow known as Operation Paperclip.
In the course of the early 1900s, a wide reservoir equipped to supply water for citadel worthy, Texas, additionally unfolded possibilities for companies to enhance. on line casino seashore, on line casino Ballroom, and a wide bathhouse grew to become well known spots for millions. a close-by village, with expanding inhabitants, quickly had a small tuition, church buildings, and different institutions.
A party of the nice American lighthouses, their keepers, their histories, and their ongoing storiesFor greater than centuries, lighthouses have helped sailors locate their approach via treacherous waters, guiding them domestic or taking them properly via passages on their option to adventure. These ancient towers and homes shape a sparkling chain of lighting fixtures alongside our coasts, a reminder of the past echoing with experience and secret, a entice for tourists trying to find a glimpse right into a romantic earlier.
Notice Manhattan's historical landmarks via attractive images by means of Alfred Stieglitz, Berenice Abbott, Alfred Eisenstaedt and extra; quirky rates by means of celebrities, from George Washington to Lenny Bruce; and informative anecdotes, together with the final public execution in Washington sq., the ghost of Aaron Burr's misplaced daughter, Alva Vanderbilt's gown ball, The Beatles' "Ed Sullivan convey" visual appeal and extra
- Moving to Maine: The Essential Guide to Get You There and What You Need to Know to Stay
- The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2017 (The Unofficial Guides)
- Rockhounding New York: A Guide to the State's Best Rockhounding Sites (Rockhounding Series)
- Lonely Planet California's Best Trips (Travel Guide)
- Camper's Guide to Texas Parks, Lakes, and Forests: Where to Go and How to Get There (Camper's Guide to Texas: Parks, Lakes, & Forests; Where to Go & How)
- Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways
Extra info for Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline)
Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline) by Cynthia Parzych