By Matthew Anderson
Read or Download A History of Fair Trade in Contemporary Britain: From Civil Society Campaigns to Corporate Compliance PDF
Similar uk history books
If the Viking Wars had no longer taken position, might there were a united England within the 10th century? Martyn Whittock believes no longer, arguing that with no them there may were no upward thrust of the Godwin kinfolk and their clash with Edward the Confessor, no Norman connection, no Norman Conquest and no Domesday e-book.
Kingsnorth Airship Station performed an important position throughout the First international struggle, constructing airships which effectively secure the fleet from submarine assault. It was once the proud boast of the Airship provider that no vessels observed via one in all their airships have been misplaced to submarine assault. This booklet tells the tale of Kingsnorth, exploring the improvement of the station, the demanding situations confronted and triumph over, the folk who contributed to the station’s good fortune and the way the station and its legacy have replaced the neighborhood zone.
The Ideological Origins of the British Empire offers a finished historical past of British conceptions of empire for greater than part a century. David Armitage lines the emergence of British imperial id from the mid-sixteenth to the mid-eighteenth centuries, utilizing an entire diversity of manuscript and published assets.
Pentland's examine has three goals: to put the rebellion in a much wider context through exploring the modes of extra-parliamentary politics among 1815 and1820 in addition to the placement outdoors Scotland; (ii) to supply the 1st complete account of the emerging itself; and (iii) to ascertain the legacies of either the politics of 1815-20 and the novel battle.
- Catholic Loyalism in Elizabethan England
- Languages of Class: Studies in English Working Class History 1832–1982
- Carlyle: Prophet of To-day: Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: Social and Political Thought in the Nineteenth Century)
- The Bible and the Printed Image in Early Modern England: Little Gidding and the pursuit of scriptural harmony (Visual Culture in Early Modernity)
- Prime Time: A History of the Middle Aged in Twentieth-Century Britain
- Sade's Sensibilities (Aperçus: Histories Texts Cultures)
Extra info for A History of Fair Trade in Contemporary Britain: From Civil Society Campaigns to Corporate Compliance
A History of Fair Trade in Contemporary Britain: From Civil Society Campaigns to Corporate Compliance by Matthew Anderson